Friday, April 29, 2011

So touched by kindness and the winner of the iPod Touch!!!!!!!!!

I was in the store about 4 weeks ago, when I ran into a very prominent citizen in our city. An amazing man! He saw my medical ID and we started to chat. He told me of a granddaughter struggling with type 1. We continued to talk, ( I hardly know him) he asked me if I knew any good resources, and I told him all about the DOC. He was so happy! He asked me if I was a part of it and I told him about my blog.

Some time went by, and he had visited several sites and wanted to know if he could donate to our give aways. I said sure! THIS IS WHAT HE MAILED TO ME TO USE AS A PRIZE!!



YES, THE WINNER OF THE SURPRISE SUGAR BOLUS WILL BE GETTING A BRAND NEW iPOD TOUCH!! He asked me to make it a surprise, and said he will donate $1,000 to my  JDRF team! 
His only stipulation was that I keep him anonymous because that means so much to him! 

Mr____________,
You are amazing! It's people like you that help us fight this disease, and help find a cure!
 I know you will be reading this, so THANK YOU!!!

The winner.....................

JENNY JONES!! 
PLEASE E-mail me so I can send you this wonderful gift!

Thanks everyone for participating! :)


9 comments:

  1. What a neat guy! That's so cool that he did that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzas! What an amazing individual!! Congratulations to Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh bummer... I thought you only had that day to post a comment so I didn't cause it was late!! What a drag!!! That was wicked awesome of him though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for Jenny Jones! What a Wonderful, Wonderful man Rachael. I am amazed and humbled by his kindness.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible!!!!! Thank you Mr.____________!!!!

    Congrats, Jenny Jones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO COOL!! (would have been a bit better if *I* won it though!;-)...congrats to Jenny Jones)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm totally jealous.

    Totally!

    BUT THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU MR. _______!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just went back and read this again, now that I can catch my breath from his amazing generosity.

    OMGsh. I love him. I love his heart.

    MR. _____________, it people like you that make this world a better place.

    ReplyDelete