Monday, February 28, 2011

Oh what a busy weekend!


We woke up to this! Beautiful, but I'm ready for Spring!

I made the most amazing chicken stock EVER! I was proud of my homemaking skills!

We participate in a program called "Bountiful Baskets" for $15.00 we got all this! We never know exactly what we will get. Its fun because we get to try new fruits and veggies. Lots of people say they have waste, but with our animals NOTHING goes to waste. It's a very wonderful program. If you have it in your state you should try it! 

I washed all the blankets and sheets. Abigale Sheepie helped too! 

I made cinnamon, and orange rolls hot from the oven for our neighbor who helped dig us out of the snow cave..... AKA our driveway!

We went to IFA and they had BABY CHICKS! Oh how I love those cute little peepers!

I am without Dexter for a while and I feel like a kid riding it's bike for the first time without training wheels. I haven't been feeling to great, and not being able to feel a "low" scares me. I have been on a finger poking rampage. I sure feel bad for those D mamas that don't have CGM. I hope my new insurance will cover them, but I am guessing not. With no out of pocket maxims, my easy days with Dexter may be over. I guess well will have to see. Oh the joys of insurance! 

Happy Monday! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful picks, beautiful days. Too bad we can't do that food co-op in our state -- looks like some great food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday to you Rachael! Looks like a wonderful w/e!! The food co-op looks like our CSA in a way. I don't know what I'll go home with, but I am always game for new recipes etc.

    How is married life treating you?

    ReplyDelete