Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Weigh In Wednesday!!!!


Do you ever have these kinda times? Ya know, the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" days?

I've felt overwhelmed lately with life in general. That's not good, because the holidays aren't even here. Im sure I am not the only person that feels that way. I am sure most PWD and D Mamas know the feeling.

What does this have to do with weight? For me, a lot! My edema has been crazy and I don't know if I have lost or gained because of it, so no numbers today.....

The hard part. I love my insulin pump! Pumpsley and I have been through a lot! BUT when you are a PWD, pumps can give you the convince to make not good choices. I have gained about 35 pounds since starting my pump 3 years ago. Why? Pumpsley makes it okay to eat ANYTHING I want without consequence. Plus, my doctor says insulin can contribute to weight gain. I HAVE to loose weight! For my health, and for myself. It's so hard. The only way I know to break this is to go off my pump for a while. When you do MDI you have to account for EVERYTHING. I AM so anal about having a great A1c, and not so thrilled about taking shots. If I have to shoot up for every time, I want to just snitch something, I know it wont happen. I am hoping to correct my no-no behaviors, and be consistent with my diet and exercise plan. I was resistant to stick to something so rigid for the holidays but now realize I will always find an excuse and the are always holidays. I can't let that dictate my life. So Pumpsley, we will be together again at the beginning of the year. Please know I love you....Just maybe too much!

4 comments:

  1. Holy CRAP...now that is a big step. Good luck Rachael. I hope it goes well ... please keep us informed of the transition. I haven't known anyone making the transition from the pump to MDIs during the time that they were doing it. I know Mike (from the Diabetes Corner Booth) took a little "pump holiday" recently, but I didn't follow his blog until after his "holiday" was done. Good LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rachel that is a big adjustment, good luck to you! I admire you so much for what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a HUGE adjustment. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big change! I wish you all the best!!!

    ReplyDelete