Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday!


I am VERY thankful for people who go out of their way to try and make other people happy. It is amazing how hard it can be to "always see the bright side" of things. Sometimes life is just no fun. Some of the most amazing things in life are simple things that can easily lost in a busy day. Today I tried to look for those things, and in my heart be grateful, here are some of the things I noticed.......

* A grandma's beautiful wrinkled hand. A hand that has built a life, nurtured a child, helped the sick, and baked a lot of bread!

* A puddle of water with gorgeous leaves of all colors floating in it.

* A child playing in the leaves with the biggest grin ever. (Of course, the "Nanny" side of me wondered why he was out with no shoes!)

* Stopping in the parking lot, closing my eyes and feeling the cool breeze and warn sun on my cheeks.

* Seeing a son hug is mother, and say "I sure do love you mom".

* Seeing a checker with a smile on her face really trying to be kind, and happy to everyone. Then realizing that under the corner of her shirt there was a bandage with tubing. Probably not insulin. Knowing that she was not feeling good. Hiding her pain and still trying to bring others joy.

*Reading inspiring posts from amazing parents and people with D. Knowing no matter what, I am not alone.

* Hugging an adorable stuffed sheep my boyfriend gave me, and realizing how lucky I am to have someone that loves me for me. Realizing how amazing he truly is!

* Saying "Hi" to my Poppy on the phone. Loving that he always says "Take care Sis" because I know he really means it.

* I LOVE Armstrong's song "What a wonderful World", and I listened to it this afternoon. It sure made me smile!

I hope you all have an AWESOME day!!! :)

Day #4 Yay!

3 comments:

  1. OK...I just posted a comment, but not sure if it went through. I apologize if this is a duplicate. I love your Thankful Thursday Posts...I think they reset our focus to the positive side of things.

    Also, WOOT on day #4. You are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post....

    Today I was thankful for perfect weather and a beautiful all around day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post reminding us to be thankful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete