Friday, November 12, 2010

Thankful Thursday on Friday



















While I was sick I got some sad news. My boyfiend called to tell me that one of our chickens was killed by an animal.

It was our "Pickety". She is a beautiful Plymouth Rock Hen. Black and White striped with a bright red comb. She had a "twin" named "Hickety".

I was so sad. I knew Tyler was upset too. He was so sweet to bury her near a flower garden with a large rock.

I'm so thankful for our little farm at Ty's house. We call it "Winter Hollow Farm". It's been a fun experience. I know it sounds funny to be sad about a chicken death, but they are our pets.
I am thankful for all the beauties of nature, and especially the changing of the seasons. Winter is a pretty long season. But nonetheless, beautiful.

I am thankful to have such a wonderful boyfriend that is so good to me, and lets me play in the dirt, plant, and enjoy being a pretend "farmgirl".

We have started planting 100's of bulbs. We added a HUGE garden plot, and a raised "English" garden. I'm excited to see it in the spring. We have a little website, if you would like to see our critters.I am SO lucky!


We will miss you Pickety! Thanks for all the fun this summer hunting grasshoppers, and playing in the yard!



3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Rachael. It's so hard to lose a pet.

    The farm is beautiful!!!! I looked at the pictures, and they made me smile for you. :)

    Again, I'm really sorry about Pickety!

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about Pickety Rachael!

    The farm-life and farm-girl in you intrigue me. I love gardening. I am not that good...just started a couple of years ago.

    Have a great w/e.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful chickens :)

    Maybe it would make your heart smile a bit if you checked out my blog post for today...

    ReplyDelete