Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Weigh In Wednesday!!!!

I find it easier and psychologically more pleasant to countdown from things, that's just how I roll. Crazy, yeah. So for my Wednesday Weigh In Countdown. . . . . .

Last Week: 84.8
This Week: 81.7

I am pleased with the results, but must admit, it has been hard. I AM NOT a morning person nor a breakfast eater. Trying to do both has seemed to have nothing but negative consequences. Getting up earlier makes me feel SO tired the whole day. I like that I seem to get more done, but don't like that I never feel good all day. With the whole breakfast bit, I must have some switch that turns on the grazing, because the second I eat, I WANT TO EAT ALL DAY! I get this unsatisfiable desire to eat, and want every no-no food out there!

I am "supposed" to gear down to 1000 cals this weeks, but since I have been loosing, I may stay at 1200 for up to another two weeks until I can get a diet schedule down that works. I have found that there are some super yummy meals that feel like comfort foods. Healthy Choice makes a turkey, squash, cranberry meal that only has 210 cals in it! It's perfect for my evening meal, because I can just pop it in the microwave and go. The only downfall is that most of the meals have quite a bit of sodium in them. I am supposed to watch the levels of sodium, but it seems that the water pills are helping so much with the edema, I can eat one and not be in too much trouble.

I'm am trying to make goals like Heidi. I think I kinda jumped into this head first, and it has been a little overwhelming. It seems like you have to be in the mindset to go on a diet or it doesn't work. I guess my time was now, because I didn't want to put it off any longer.

I am happy for all the support, and feel like blogging about it makes me a little more responsible! My main goal is to be in the 40's for my birthday in February! I also think I am going to start saving $20 a payday, and put into an account so when I reach my goal, I can buy some new clothes! I am really hoping by the summer, I will have reached my goal.

I DO need some help with some ideas for exercise. When I was in the hospital I lost a lot of muscle, and need some ideas on getting back some strength!

Thanks again for being so supportive! I hope you are all having a marvelous day!
Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. I'm PLUS SEVEN in the past 10 days. The yo yo kills me...I'm doing good....then BOOM!!!...loss of willpower :( I was DOWN 7, now I'm back to square 1.

    FAIL!

    I've found that the elliptical/stairclimber thing at my gym (affectionately referred to as the "orange beast") is the most effective cardio for me...and I do use the nautical type machines...I try to do 30min weights/30 min cardio every day. But life often gets in the way.

    And then I'm back on the FAIL cycle.

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Keep it up Rachael.

    For exercise, when I first started losing weight 7 years ago...I walked for and hour daily for a couple of months and then I started running 3-4 miles a day. If the weather was over 0 degrees, I was out there running. I love P90X (videos...with lots of variety)...they are a little difficult, with lots of core. I gained muscle with them...an therefore 2-3 pounds, but my body looked fantastic. I am now backing off the P90X b/c I am training for the 1/2 marathon, but plan on going back hard core in 2 weeks.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard, isnt it? I hate trying to lose weight. It sucks. I'm down 5... but I yo yo a bit, too. Ugh. I weigh in on Mondays.... blah! I hear you about the early am and the bkfast thing - I don't 'em either! Keep on going... You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete